About Holy Angels
WELCOME TO HOLY ANGELS!!!
We extend a warm welcome to all who wish to be a part of the Holy Angels Catholic Christian community.
Our mission as Holy Angels Parishioners is to provide for the Catholic religious and spiritual needs of our members through worship, education, and stewardship. We are called to live the message of Jesus Christ, and to reach out to each other and the wider community
Sat. 5:00 pm (Vigil Mass)
and by appointment
Holy Angels Parish
1322 Brown St., Dayton, OH 45409
History of The Church of the Holy Angels
Church of the Holy Angels, est. 1901
The Church of the Holy Angels was established in 1901. The first structure was a 200 seat frame building located in the South Park neighborhood. Two classrooms attached to the back of the building served as the Parish school, which was staffed by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
In 1906, a larger wooden church was constructed on Brown Street and the current school building was constructed on L Street on land donated by the Society of Mary, the Parish’s neighbor “up the hill” at the University of Dayton.
The current church, in Norman Gothic style, was built in 1927. A major addition to the school was built after WWII (around 1949), and the Cotterman Gymnasium and Multipurpose Center were constructed in 1988. In 2005, the University of Dayton made available to the Parish the duplex at the corner of Brown & K Streets to house the Parish Office.
On July 1st, 2014, Holy Angels was merged with St. Anthony of Padua Parish to form the Holy Angels/St Anthony Pastoral Region.